Sunday, February 02, 2014

ZIGLMM

I do not know nearly as much statistics as I would like. To put it another way, the marginal benefit of increasing my knowledge of statistics is greater than that of learning more of most other potentially relevant subjects, like chemistry or biophysics. I was therefore very pleased this last week, working with a very good collaborator, to finally understand generalized linear mixed models (GLMM) well enough to be confident that we were building and interpreting our model correctly. That it was a zero-inflated GLMM (ZIGLMM) only added to the fun. And in case you want to ask me anything about GLMM, the best I can tell you is to read lots of things by Ben Bolker,
http://ms.mcmaster.ca/~bolker/

On a potentially more useful note, finding smart capable kind people to collaborate with makes all the difference.

No comments: